Клуб любителей Metrum/Sonnet NOS DACs — Metrum Octave, Metrum Hex, Metrum Musette, Metrum EVA, Metrum Pavane

Аполло? :wink:

Спец заказ от денахерипса. С попроавленными сч.

Metrum

Through the next months we will be releasing some cool new stuff, not only based on customer requests, but also because of the ever changing music streaming services out there.

Готовьтесь, скоро платы стримера прямо в устройствах!

3 лайка

пора павана отправлять на новые матрицы и стример инсайд

Ага, кто там искал i2s в Metrum?
Они сами нашли :slight_smile:

1 лайк

Ещё вчера: «тогда послушайте Metrum. отличные музыкальные цапы и нет непобходимости что-то там доделывать, ждать что там китйцы что-то допилят, поправят. Готовый звук. Hi-End Супер Топ за разумные деньги»

А уже сегодня … :grinning:

Ответочка? :relaxed:

Отсутствие последовательности у человека во всём. :wink:

Ну продавать терминатора волшебного что бы купить потом, как то более непоследовательно, так сьязвил графомански, не обижайтесь)

А вы прочитайте тему профильную тогда кубик рубик сложится. Я аргументировал какова цель продажи Терминатора. И постепенно иду к своей цели.
Так что не обижайтесь вы, но не в тему ваш комментарий.

Ну тогда я Вас подтолкну морально, что Терминатор к Вам вернется, а то неудобно же будет придумывать, почему у Вас он не появился, сбагрили вы его счастливому владельцу, я думаю не надо больше на эту тему дискутировать

2 лайка

Попереводили отзывы с англоязычных ресурсов на Amethyst: http://hi-audio.ru/page/otzyvy-metrum-amethyst.html . Вообщем, много правды там. Если кому-то интересно послушать аппарат, обращайтесь в личку. Может и малый стерео-тур получится.

8 лайков

Несовсем так. Если в систему встанет ЦАП в два или два с половиной раза дороже Терминатор, то это и будет аргумент. Пока всё в процессе, я и сам пока с уверенностью не могу сказать кому отдам предпочтение.

Reporting #Jitter experiment for I2S data transfer.

To create the best network related equipment for streaming audio, it should be a guarantee that all outputs like #AES/EBU and #spdif have the best possible jitter measurements.

I2S output is even more difficult, as this format was never intended to use external #audioequipment but was invented just for internal use to connect devices for #digitalaudio.

If we like to connect external devices to each other by using the I2S protocol, we should be aware that all kinds of interference such as airborne noise can influence the transferred data like hum, and high frequency spurious coming from computers and other household electronic equipment.

If we are able to do such a job we will have the best connection in terms of jitter and accuracy.

The following experiment was made by using a very ruggedized transmitter, able to drive data over long cable runs. The spectrum shows the highest frequency used in Audio and will be the master clock of 24.576 Megahertz .

The first experiment was sent using a high end shielded FTP cable over one meter and is shown by the yellow line in the graph below. The second test was repeated by swapping the high end shielded FTP with a ordinary 20 meter unshielded FTP cable. The result of the second test is shown by the purple line and shows that despite the extreme length of the lower quality FTP cable no jitter is visible.

First task accomplished…………………

Судя по отзыву и отправной точкой в виде мюзет, то по звуку аметист где то близок с октавой. Или нет ?

Совместно с @dimian выявили некоторую особенность Metrum Adagio, о чем я и написал Cees’у: (сорян за мой кривой инглиш - если непонятно, могу потом кратко изложить суть)
Hello!
I am the happy owner of Metrum Adagio from Moscow. I enjoy DAC’s performance and functionality, and now i’m busy with implementing balanced input with volume control bypass for my amp, to fully make use of Adagio potential.
About a month ago, another russian owner of Adagio contacted me, after hearing of my purchase from local hi-end forum. He wrote that he could hear some artifacts when listening using minimal volume setting on Adagio, and asked me to perform some test to find out if i could hear the same or is it the defect of just his specific device.
At first, i could not hear what he described, neither through loudspeakers, nor using headphones. Later i found out that the reason is that both my amplifiers (power and headphone) have much smaller sensivity, and i just could not hear the artifacts at such low volume level.
When feeding DAC’s output directly to my sound iterface (Zoom UAC2) and using maximum input amplification i can clearly hear artifacts he described. After that, i found headphones with much higher sensivity than my Sennheiser HD800’s and i can also hear the artifacts in DAC-headamp-headphones system, so the cause is clearly not the sound interface or its preamplifiers.
I tried to google something about the matter, but didn’t find anything, so i decided to write you.
So, how you can hear what i am talking about:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17RNQTXUSEac7Jle503-wcOuUq1teIitO/view?usp=sharing
This is the link for original song file, using which the other owner first spotted the artifacts:

From the beginning, you can hear “hearbeat”. First, play it at normal volume. “Heartbeat sound” is clear with a slight echo.
Then, you have to set volume knob at minimum position and find some amplifier/headphones, using which you can still hear the sound. Now, after each “heartbeat” you can hear some creaky noise.
I can hear these artifacts up until “10.30 o’clock” volume.
Here are two files i recorded using Zoom UAC2 feeding it directly from Adagio analog output:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-pjRvZPTTdcn9IMpRJbOksqVLTKxY5Bl/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JHMHMVrMzDSHA69dpyu5gRgLuMossU2g/view?usp=sharing
First one is with the Adagio volume knob set to maximum, the second one is with Adagio volume at minimum. Overall level is roughly equal, adjusted with interface’s input preaplifier.
I used both RCA and XLR outputs, artifacts are roughly the same. Recordings are done using RCA and gain switches are set at “0 db” position.

Personally i have seemingly no problem with these artifacts, beacause my amps require volume level higher than those which are affected. But the other owner have more senstitive amps, so he have to use amplifier’s volume control, and that is ruining the point of choosing Adagio over Pavane, for example. I suggested him using “-10 db” switches, but he thinks that sound quality is hearably better in “0 db” position.

What do you think of that?
Is it normal for Adagio or do we both have something wrong with our devices?
If it is common Adagio behavior, what is causing that? Do these artifacts affect sound when level is set higher than “10.30” position?
And, if you don’t mind, one more question: here
http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/metrum6/2.html
it is said that it is possible to adjust output level on Jade by setting jumpers, do Adagio have the same possibility?

Best regards,

Ответ:

Dear sir

This is quite logical as the volume control is based on the reference voltage of the dac modules and works on a few millivolts on the lowest setting. Therefore you should set the switches on the back side to “-10dB” to match the pre amplifier with very sensitive amplifiers/ loudspeakers.

The situation on the jade is not similar but just a very small setting of -3dB

Met vriendelijke groet
Kind regards
Cees Ruijtenberg

Может ли кто-то из более грамотных в устройстве ДАКов форумчан прокомментировать?
Я так понял, что ДАК физически не может работать на напряжении ниже какого-то уровня, и отсюда неизбежно появляются глюки?
У родного усилителя Metrum и у моего чувствительность достаточно низка чтобы не слышать артефактов при “9-10 часах”, а вот у Дмитрия с его Ноосферой проблема-то и вылезла.

2 лайка

Как позже выяснилось, не только с Ноосферой.

Я думаю хитрая система регулировки громкости в Adagio имеет свои пределы, как например и цифровая регулировка.

В отличии от классического делителя напряжения на резисторах, где сигнал просто понижается по уровню вместе с шумом, в Adagio схема регулировки ниже определенного предела выявляет некоторые особенности этого подхода.

Разработчики зная о такой проблеме вывели на заднюю часть переключатель -10 дБ для чувствительных усилителей. Я в своё время также, чтобы снизить негативное влияние цифрового регулятора громкости, подстраивал входной уровень усилителей мощности, чтобы держать уровень РГ не ниже -12 дБ.

Metrum Jade без наград
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/metrum6/1.html

Ну Cees сказал, что это не стример, а Roon endpoint