🎮 PlayStation 1 — как наиграть аудиофила? Очень легко!

Между прочим, ты обещал зайти проведать тот подвал

1 лайк

надо уравнять :wink:

Thought I’d report back on my modded Playstation (SCPH-1002). I’ve been doing ALOT of critical listening between it and my cherished Naim CDI, and I have to say that overall the cheap Playstation beats it, though it’s VERY close. It’s Black Gate ‘N’ caps have had a chance to break in now, and I am still startled at the sound I am getting from this games machine!

I’ve just read what I’ve typed again and it does seem hard to believe and I’m sure any Naim fans would think me mad (or at the very least cloth-eared) but for me the Sony has the edge in clarity and a firmer more tactile bass! It just sounds like real music - I get that hard to describe impression/assurance that what is on the disc is what is being relayed through the speakers. I never doubt anything or have any niggles about the sound. It just flows beautifully. The Naim by comparison has a more euphonic presentation and isn’t as tight.

I still don’t know why this thing sounds so good (I’d love to!) and have to keep comparing with my Naim CDI and Shanling CD-T80 (with upgraded NOS valves and OPA2134 op-amps), but everytime I realise I’m not imagining it - this thing really is a music making marvel!

I don’t want to get rid of my Naim as I have a soft spot for it and love its looks & build, but in my main system the Playstation takes the top spot and is my machine of choice for critical listening.
Cheers,

• John

Bones - I’ve listened to my fair share of expensive hardware during my stint as a reviewer for a UK Hi-Fi magazine. I can attest to the fact that the greystation (1002) is up there with the best. God knows why this thing sounds so good, (and if they wanted to Sony could make some SERIOUS money from re-releasing this early design but in CD player only form…) but I regularly put it head to head with my Naim CDI and hot-rodded Shanling CD-T80 and I have to say it is easily in the same league. Fair enough it probably wouldn’t give Linn’s now defunct CD12 any sleepless nights, but this thing costs £20 second hand, and can confidenty see off competition around the £6-800+ mark!!! Come on cut it some slack

If the internals were in a nice Naim case in a showroom I GUARANTEE you’d think it was an expensive player. In fact I’ve played a similar trick on a couple of friends and they were dumb-founded when I then unveiled the greystation.
Cheers,

• John
3 лайка

заходил…только 3 и 4-ки продаются, спросил, а на меня как на тронутого посмотрели)))) Уходил, а они смеялись за спиной.

4 лайка

Не переживай, надо мной два форума угарают

5 лайков

жесть мужики! В салон зайдите к сони дистрибьютеру - наверняка закажут из музея.

это лучше, чем никто не замечает

1 лайк

Тут отвечу… :slight_smile:
Сомневаюсь, что есть возможность послушать этот РГ.
Под заказ делают тут: http://audioalt.ru/index.php

2 лайка

Паша, я уже разогрет! Готов забрать какого-нибудь франкенштейна из запчастей играющих.

Ты знаешь их? Вот бы усилитель Alt №4 (Alt N4) на основе мощного ЦАП в тур получить!

Я у Марата собираю играющего Франкенштейна ему на эксперименты. В субботу вот поставлю привод. Я спрошу, какие у него планы и если они отдаленные, дам тебе тогда.

Или можешь дождаться результатов приезда прокачанной соньки недели через две

1 лайк

Нет, не знаком. :confused:

(Толпа скандирует: Тур! Тур! …)

2 лайка

Интересно послушать его рекомендации и конечно практические решения. У него в Цап’ах выходы на ОУ обычно или есть олдскул типа ламп и трансформаторов?

эм… играют хорошо)

:grinning: я просто информации не нашел особой про техническую часть его изделий и даже фото не нашел) в общем ждем его рекомендаций)

Жесть, плойка круче намоленного годами Naim CDI !!!11

Нужен тур, полюбас.

5 лайков

Свою плойку в Тулу готов отправить сразу же по приходу только купленной. Ибо если и демонстрировать, то уж то в чем полностью уверен.

3 лайка

Глухие дебилы потому что

Никому ничего не отправляй. Пусть сами покупают.

думаю, он не будет градус понижать
Хотя…

1 лайк

Хорошо бы давать слушать сразу две, сток и переделанную. В детективных ветках плейстейшон люди с опытом начинают напрягаться с стоковой, а чтобы жена прибегала с кухни и выкидывала найм, это уже с твикнутой!